The combined-cycle power station, which will primarily power the concentrator circuit, will generate the equivalent amount of electricity as the existing Pilbara grid.
The power station is the first combined-cycle, gas fired power station in the Pilbara. Seven gas turbines, three steam turbines and six heat recovery generators will produce 450 megawatts of energy for the project.
- 450 megawatt combined-cycle, gas fired power station
- 3 sets of Co-generation units and 1 open cycle unit:
- 7 gas turbines with 47MW
- 3 steam turbines with 58MW
- 6 heat recovery steam generators with 20MW
- 40 per cent less emissions than a conventional power plant
- Multiple recovery mechanisms built into design
- Underwriting new gas field development